Thursday, June 14, 2012

LCTS #136- they are having a designer call

Hi! The school year is winding down here, only today and a few hours tomorrow left for this year. I cannot believe Ashlyn made it through 6th grade. I am beyond exhausted and ready for a break, and I know she cannot wait to be able to sleep in and allow her body to get the extra rest it so desperately needs.

This year has been full of big acoomplishments for her as well as huge setbacks. I started this school year feeling hopeful and positive because Ashlyn finally had a diagnosis, appeared to be on track for remission, she was finally strong enough to go to school, and managed to do pretty well especially in the beginning. She had some great weeks followed by a few bad days, but as time moved on the bad days began to be the norm and a good day was hit and miss, and then reality hit and it has been a long, hard road to travel, especially since January when her health really started to decline and hasn't bounced back at all.

I have been furiously trying to work on a plan that will work for Ashlyn's academic needs as well as her medical needs for 7th grade, but I am coming to a stand still- just when I think I have a plan, something impeeds and we are back to square one. I am at a loss, really, as what to do. As it is now, she can barely attend the two hours that we have cut her down to. She has still continued to miss more school due to fevers, nausea, or just plain not feeling well enough to get out of bed. And when she is feeling well enough, just the two hours of school she does attend leaves her pale and exhausted and more often than not she gets a low-grade fever and ends up in bed for hours just trying to recover. *heavy sigh*

I suppose I will just stick to my original plan of waiting until August to figure this out. It will all work out, it really will- sometimes I just like to try to get ahead of the game and that is apparently not what God has planned. :)

Before I share my layout for Let's Capture These Sketches, I want to point out that they have several calls for designers. You can check each call out by heading to the main blog here. It's been an sheer delight to be on this team and the sketches are always wonderful! I encourage you all to apply. I will not be submitting to this call at this time, but some of my most favorite layouts have been created using these sketches. My creativity has been stretched and I know the gorgeous sketches were the starting point for them.

Here is my layout for sketch #136:
I used some Scenic Route, MME, Bo Bunny pp, the flowers are AC Amy Tan, and the stickers are from Jillibean Soup and Sasafrass Lass. The Twinery twine, K&Co. Smash tape, and some ink and bling finish this off.

Have a great day friends! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.