Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Snowflakes from Say It With Letters

Hello! Here is my most recent project from 'Say It With Letters'; a trio of snowflakes. We've already had several inches of snow and I love it! These snowflakes are going to grace my decor for months to come. :)


I put several layers on my snowflakes. I started with a lime green coat of paint on the wood snowflake shapes, then brushed over that with a carribean blue color. Once they were dry I added some patterned paper to the front. I added silver ink to the edges and added some embossing powder and heat embossed areas on the front for dimension. I really disliked how it looked at this point... it was nothing like I had envisoned, so I brushed white paint over the front and sidesto tone it down. I finished with a few spritz's of Glimmer Mist, some glitter and I was pleasantly surpirsedwith the outcome. I finished them off some embellishments, twine and bells. They look so much better IRL. I have been wanting to try to be more "artsy" with someof my projects and I just love how these turned out. I think this is one of those projects that I am most proud of. :) It's always a great feeling to have something that you once thought was a hopeless mess turn into something you never imaged. (and I still cannot beleive that I created these. lol)






Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a beautiful Thanksgiving!
Take care,
Rae

3 comments:

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.