Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008


Another year has passed and once again I have no idea where the time went. It was a year full of many ups and downs, but we kept our heads and made the most of it. I know I learned a lot about myself and how strong I can be. I also realized that I can only do so much and saying "no" to some things is OK. Things always have a way of working out in the end as long as you keep the faith.

I finally scrapped yesterday! I completed one layout and almost did another, I just need to finish that one up. It felt so good to sit down and let the creativity flow. I am not one to sit still for long so as I was working on my layouts I was doing laundry and dishes and taking down the Christmas decor. My productive days (or days that I feel productive I should say) seem to be few and far between so it felt wonderful to get so much done and still have time to do something for me.

Do you make New Year resolutions? I generally don't, but I cannot help but look ahead and think about things that I would like to accomplish the following year. For a few days I feel new and fresh with the changing of a year, and that brings a clear head to me full of all the possibilities that can be, but life has this thing about not being so new and fresh and it's easy to just step right back into the tried and true. I do have a few things I would like to do in 2009, but it's nothing in depth, just little things. For instance, I want to start hanging pictures on the walls. We have lived here almost 5 years and I do not have a single photo of the girls (or anyone else) hanging up. But that is going to change. Just this week I bought 7 frames from Michael's and had some of my favorite photos of the girls enlarged and they are now in frames ready to be hung. I plan to look through my files and fill up our home with photos this year. I would also like to redo our bedroom and re-paint the living room. I want to read more (something that is on my "list" every year and seems to be the one thing I never do enough of). I never want to set myself up for failure because I can do that on my own without the stress of having to live up to something that just may not work out.

Have you ever had a conversation with someone that leaves you feeling so positive and energetic and intrigued and motivated that you just keep replaying it in your head? I had one of those last night with my Uncle. I am still on a high from that conversation. I am not going to get into messy details, but I have never, ever had such a conversation with my dad or my Uncle. Ever. Until last night. My Uncle called me out of the blue on Saturday and I missed the call. I tried to his call but we kept missing each other until last night. I was nervous because I haven't talked to him in well, 5 years at least, and they were always short, akward, superficial conversations. Last night was different, like it was meant to be. We talked with ease and had some deep discussions. I have a whole new light of him, one that I never imagined. We spoke for over 2 hours and it was hard to end the conversation, but it was late. I feel like I have a connection that I never thought I would have and it's a great feeling! He talked alot about our family history and it's quite impressive and I am eager to read more into things. I had no idea that I had some Russian roots (Romanoff's) and Royalty to boot. Even some important people in history are connected to me and I am eager to read up on them in a new light. I have never been much into History, but now I am interested and excitied to read about things. He and Kara are going to talk soon because she is into history and they are going to have a great connection, I can feel it.

Good things are going to happen in 2009, I can feel it deep in my bones. I hope your 2009 is blessed for you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.