Saturday, November 8, 2008

November CMD projects








It's been gloomy and gray the past few days. It's been raining pretty much non-stop. I suppose I shouldn't complain because we really need it, but it reminds me so much of living in the Seattle area and it was like this quite often. I miss the sun. :) It has been nice to hang out inside. I have been really productive around the house. Ashlyn's room is done! I set her bed up and moved her dresser and shelves upstairs. I even surprised her with some new Littlest Pet Shop sheets. That made her light up! I must say that it turned out well. The blue is soft and clean and fresh and relaxing and soothing. I want to paint the living room that color now. Today her task is to go through everything and get rid of things she no longer needs or uses and to move the rest upstairs.

I went to the Dr. yesterday. Of course my ankle was in very little pain. *eyeroll* I suppose it's a good thing because I don't want to regress. I do have some areas where the muscle has built up something that has caused some bumps, but they aren't anything that is going to cause things to get worse. She thinks my tendon is agitated which causes the muscle to become agitated, thus causing the area to react. I did everything right by resting it and I just need to continue to take it as easy as I can and take care of it just as I have been. I turned down a Cortizone shot in the area yesterday because I wasn't in the mood to tolerate that. If I am having problems in a few weeks or if I change my mind, she said to come in and get it. I am sure I will, I just have to be in the right frame of mind because having a needle poked multiple times around the area of my scar is one of the most painful things I have felt and I don't the mental strength right now. She gave me some heel inserts to try and suggested I get some different shoes and some different insoles to take the pressure off the area. So I went straight out and got some new shoes and am going to get the insoles on my way to work this morning. I also have to wear my ankle brace at work at all times. I don't have the support in the area of my ankle to handle the pressure of being on my feet or even walking around for long periods. We hope it was a fluke thing and that it continues to heal. If not I will more than likely have to quit working. I am not sure what I will do then since I am able to work around the kids with this job, which is the reason I am there.

Here are my final Color{Me}Daisy projects. Everything is made with the beautiful November kit. I struggled a bit, but am pleased with the end results.
Have a wonderful Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. Your projects are gorgeous! Another fantastic job. We are going to miss you!

    Hope your ankle starts feeling better soon! Sounds like you have been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of these projects Rae! That kit is quite beautiful & you certainly did it justice with your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. RAE! I MISS you! how are you? okay, i read the update, but how are you? Your creations are absolutely beautiful, as usual! I love what you did with it all, wow!
    I am praying for your ankle, I can only imagine.

    hugs & so much love!
    danni

    ReplyDelete

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.