Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Princess Boo, some cards, and a layout






I have several projects to wrap up that are almost done, they just need some photos or finishing touches. I am SLOWLY getting them all done though. I am usually so on top of everything, but this month has been a tough one for me to manage. I fell behind on so many things, and quite honestly I have wanted to soak in the last few weeks before school starts with my precious girls. One more week with them is all I have and I am really going to miss having them with me all day. The four of them generally get along well and they are a pleasure to have around. I really am blessed.
What I am not looking forward to is the work that comes with school. I am not mentally ready for that shift yet, but it will kick in as soon as school starts. At least I hope so. It needs to. heehee

I have projects to share:
first is a page from an album I am working on for My Acrylic Album. I don't need the page and I actually wanted to use it for a wall hanging for Ashlyn's room anyway. Her royal highness requested "Princess Boo" which is what we call her; actually we call her boo, she added the princess. ;) The album is almost done, I am just needing to add the rest of the pics and finishing touches. I really hope to wrap it up tomorrow.

The cards are for my weekly card sketch teams; "You are the apple of my eye" is for Sketch This 64 . I am planning to slip this into one of the girls' backpacks someday when they are in need of a pick-me-up. The October Afternoon rubons are so darn cute and were prefect for the theme of the card. The apples are made with my new favorite supply: Stickles. I can't get enough of them!
"Happy Birthday" is Di Hickman August #4. This sketch is my favorite so far, and the girls on the team just blew this sketch out of the water! The creative takes on this awesome sketch are fantastic. You have to check them out! I printed out the SMJ designs Birthday Wishes (Shabby Miss Jenn Designs) kit to create this. As soon as I saw this fun kit the idea for the card popped right into my head. I just love it when this happens!

Lastly, the layout is for Creatively Yours 12x12 sketch #23. I turned the sketch upside down and took some creative liberty with it, but it still resembles the original enough to notice. Or at least I hope so. I don't want to demolish the actual sketch. lol

I have been trying to use my stash as much as possible lately. I do have a nice pile of brand new yummy goodies to play with though; Pink Paislee, Basic Grey, Scenic Route, Rose Moka, the new Bazzill just the edge, and a few other odds and ends. I am not sure which I want to dig into first, but I have a bit of time before I do anyway. Maybe by then I will have some fresh pics to scrap. I have only taken a small handful of pics since Winter. This is good because I have been scrapping some not-so-great pics, but they capture a moment I want to remember. I do want some pretty new pics to play with though... next week I am sure I will have plenty.

I broke into my wonderful Sept. Color {Me} Daisy kit today and created 2 layouts and am wrapping up a third. At least I found some mojo. I hope to wrap this kit up tomorrow... or at least try to.

I am off to go beat my dh at Scrabble again. The girls are watching the new Little Mermaid movie... it's pretty cute. I'm sure it will be watched again in the morning.
Have a great one! Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. OMG, rae, SO much cute stuff!! I love it all! I have to say, though, that apple card is one of the cutest things ever!! Love that! Thanks for your congrats on my blog girl :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the pricess boo! and those apples are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome creations all, Rae !

    so hard to pick a fave amongst them ! lol

    I'm having a blast over at SO with the chipboard school ! Can't wait to see what lesson you've come up ! woohoo !

    ReplyDelete

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.