Monday, June 16, 2008

a long Monday


Happy Monday! It's been a doozy of a day and not quite how I imagined Summer break to begin. Ashlyn woke up cranky and her and Skye were at each others' throats all. day. long. I thought I was going to pull my hair out! Ashlyn had her final meltdown at about 2PM and she started packing her stuff to "go live out on the street!". It was so cute to see what she values most... her Littlest Pet Shop animals were the first to get packed and then she filled the rest of her bag with books. By this time she had calmed down enough for me to convince her to that she just needed to take a nap and that she would feel better once she did, so she went upstairs and slept right on the living room floor. She did wake up in a much better mood and now instead of fighting, Skye and Ashlyn are making home made play dough. I don't even mind the huge mess they've made, at least it's peaceful around here. *yahoo*

We had a great time this weekend, but as always time just passes to quickly. It's always great to see my brothers and their families and the kids had a blast together playing in the woods. I was happy to be home again though.

The first thing the girls did when we got home was to run downstairs to see the kittens... and they changed so much in the 2.5 days we were gone! They were up and walking everywhere and even playing with each other. Have I mentioned how cute they are?! They weren't able to even stand on all fours Friday morning and then to come home to see them trying to run was just crazy! It's really hard not to get attached to them, but we've only got a few weeks left with them. The photo is one I took last week, I hope to get some more soon, but it's a huge challenge. lol

Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.