Friday, June 13, 2008

a card and school's out!


I want to start out and take this a moment to send out my deepest thoughts and prayers to all those who have been affected by the horrible and tragic storms that just keep pounding the country. My heart just aches to see the images and hear about the unfortunate deaths. So much tragedy that I cannot even imagine. :(

Today is the girls' last day of school! I am now the proud parent of a Senior... which is beyond crazy in my mind! Meghan will be a Junior, Skye in 7th grade and my baby is going to enter 3rd grade. *sniff* They are just growing up way too fast for my liking.

This has been a hectic week. Ashlyn missed school Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. She missed all the "fun" days which is what the kids look forward to all year. She was just wiped out.

We had some very cool weather and SNOW, yes SNOW on Tuesday morning. I would never have imagined that I would see snow in June! One of the local news channels dubbed it "Junuary". hahaha!
We had a heavy Thunderstorm roll through Wednesday night. Shook our whole house and covered the streets with rain and hail.
And then yesterday we hit the mid 70's. We've gone from one extreme to the next in just a few days.

I have been busy with stuff for Grad Night 2009. I am really getting excited about this! At first it seemed overwhelming, but we've got an awesome group of parents working on this and the Class of 2009 is going to have a rocking party next year!

The kittens all have their eyes open One of them needed some help from me. He/she is just like her mommy and has an eye infection. When my dh brought Molly home at 3 weeks old she was sick and also had problems with her eyes. I used some cotton balls with warm water to gently pry them open and put some cream that we used for her eyes into it's eyes and it seems to have helped. Poor little baby. :(
They are also getting around pretty well now! They are trying to walk on all fours and they are so cute to watch! Their little legs are so wobbly, but they are quick none the less. Sometimes poor Molly just looks frustrated when all 5 of them are going different directions.

I wish I had more photos to share, but the computer is not reading the camera. Grrr... It's always something.

This card is for the Di Hickman June #2 sketch.

I am off in a few hours to a weekend visit with my parents and my brothers and their families. Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds so busy there!!! Your weather has been totally crazy!!! Beautiful card too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. first...gorgeous card girl!
    and I can't believe you have a Senior!!! Time flies huh? My DH's oldest daughter is going to be a Senior this year too. Crazy I tell ya. Sounds like you will have some fun planning Grad Night - and at least they start early!!!

    you need to take some updated pics of those cute little kittens! I bet they are getting so cute!! I love the early stage when the fur is still kinda crazy and wild. so cute! :D - hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Rae! Hope you had a nice weekend visiting your family!

    ReplyDelete

I thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Have a beautiful day.